Which RPG Is Better
  • I need to know what RPG,Dragon Warrior or Final Fantasy, is better and please answer why you think so.
    Also how many Dragon Warrior games are available.

Asking like this will get better results I think. ;) There are at least 7 Dragon Quest/Warrior games (they are called Warrior Quest in Japan) made-I'm sure madhtr or one of the other RPG players here can shed more light on this.
  • Do you have any specific RPGs in mind? Also there are 7 total dragon warrior games 1-4 are for NES 5 and 6 are for super famicom (japan only) and 7 is for PS1, oh yeah 1-3 were remade for gameboy and there are 3 DW monster games for gameboy. I think thats all if not I'm sure Madhtr will add some. Also the Dragon Warrior series is much better than the Final Fantasy series mainly because every Dragon Warrior game I've played has blown it's respective Final Fantasy game out of the water.
  • I think Final Fantisy is better because i havn't really played the DW series. :rolleyes:
  • FINNAL FANTASY RULES!!!
  • Originally posted by ali-g7@May 10 2003, 01:39 AM
    FINNAL FANTASY RULES!!!

I believe you were meaning Final Fantasy.

I too like the Final Fantasies.
  • Ok, first thing is that Lyn, the name in Japan is actually Dragon Quest but known as Dragon Warrior here due to the fact that Wizards of the Coast owns the Dragon Quest name here. Now for the list of Dragon Quest and Warrior titles:

Dragon Quest:

--GameBoy Advance--

Dragon Quest Characters: Toruneko no Daibouken 2 Advance
    Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart

--GameBoy Color--
    Dragon Quest I + II
    Dragon Quest III
    Dragon Quest Monsters
    Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru no Bouken
    Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Ruka no Tabadachi

--NES--
    Dragon Quest
    Dragon Quest II
    Dragon Quest III
    Dragon Quest IV

--PlayStation--

Dragon Quest Characters: Toruneko no Daibouken 2
    Dragon Quest IV
    Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2
    Dragon Quest VII

--PlayStation2--

Dragon Quest Characters: Torneko no Daiboiken 3

--Super Nintendo--

BS Dragon Quest(required Satellaview)
    Dragon Quest I & II
    Dragon Quest III
    Dragon Quest V
    Dragon Quest VI

Dragon Warrior:

--GameBoy Color--

Dragon Warrior I + II
    Dragon Warrior III
    Dragon Warrior Monsters
    Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Adventure
    Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure

--NES--

Dragon Warrior
    Dragon Warrior II
    Dragon Warrior III
    Dragon Warrior IV

--PlayStation--

Dragon Warrior IV
    Dragon Warrior Monsters 1+2
    Dragon Warrior VII

--PlayStation2--

Dragon Warrior VIII(obviously not out yet)

--Super Nintendo--

Dragon Warrior I & II
    Dragon Warrior III
    Dragon Warrior V
    Dragon Warrior VI

Warrior Quest was an action title from Lumental for the PC, which was released back in 2000. Well, if you have any more questions then let me know. Oh, and FF is easily better than the DW titles in graphics, but that could change now and that would then make the DW titles better than FF since the gameplay is usually much better than anything you see in a FF title.
  • sorry mad gotta go with final fantasy. It has kept me gaming for a long time in fact its what got me into playstation. (and ultimatly here at Api). When I played FF7 for the first time I was hooked and have never missed a final fantasy after. :peace:
  • I didn't say that i didn't like it and it's also what got me into gaming and eventhough graphically FF is better, the DW series usually has a better story and that's what really matters to me. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Final Fantasy Rulez!!!!!
    When played FF8 for the first time, i was amazed about the graphics and everything.The storyline of FF8 are one of the best story ever. So when i found out that FF 9 was already been release, i immediately bought and played it. I'm not dissappointed because it surely rocks. So i played FF 7 and again it has good story, better than other ff.
  • Final Fantasy All the Way!!!!!!
  • Hey Mad DW V and VI were released in the U.S.?
  • Final Fantasy kicks DW's ASS!!!!!! :punk: :punk: :punk:
  • I think that Final Fantasy is way better!
  • Final Fantasy VII is the best! Final Fantasy VIII was great.
    But Final Fantasy IX sucked. And Final Fantasy X was good, much better then IX.
  • Final Fantasy is by far the best RPG compared to dragon warrior
  • FINAL FANTASY!!!!!!!!!!! BUY IT, WORSHIP IT, LOVE IT OR DIE!!!
  • Originally posted by Da_Pusher@May 22 2003, 04:14 AM
    FINAL FANTASY!!!!!!!!!!! BUY IT, WORSHIP IT, LOVE IT OR DIE!!!

I agree.
  • I feel a disturbance in the force.

No wait , its just the FF fanboys flocking this topic.I bet most of these people havent even played the DW series.
  • I agree and also think that they only play games for graphics. :fight:
  • Yeah, and a game should be more about gameplay elements than graphics though eyecandy is good. I like the FF series, and have most of the title but DW is more gameplay than graphics(and DWVIII looks to follow the same pattern).

Oh, just for the record:

Square Enix has announced that FFXII will be release in the 2nd half of FY2003 which ends March 2004, in Japan and by mid to possibly fall 2004 for North America.

Dragon Warrior VIII was unannounced for FY2003 so expect it after March 2004, probably late '04.

Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • You guys ( the last three post) are being very rood to us FF lovers.

And just for your information I dont care about graphics and I am currently playing FF1 and DW1 for NES at the moment! :swear:
  • Originally posted by Outcast512@May 23 2003, 05:47 PM
    You guys ( the last three post) are being very rood to us FF lovers.

And just for your information I dont care about graphics and I am currently playing FF1 and DW1 for NES at the moment! :swear:

I agree! Just cause the last three posts don't like ff! :fight: :fight:
  • Obviously you two don't read posts or you would have noticed that i like FF......i just think that DW is substance over the FF series. The stories have been going downhill unfortunately for FF but i still like the series and will continue to play them.

P.S. outcast, it's spelled rude
  • I also think the FF games are acceptable but the DW games are better.
  • Well, i'm not a fanboy or anything, but i still think that Final Fantasy is better, i havent heard of how good DW has been. I think that the art for DW is also very unatractive and lots more cartoonish. I dont like the fact that it doesnt PUSH the rpg software like the FFs do.
    So its better to buy FF.
  • Originally posted by pjb@May 12 2003, 12:20 PM
    [b]Final Fantasy All the Way!!!!!![/b]

And you know It.
    SNOOGANS!!!
  • Originally posted by Outcast512@May 6 2003, 02:36 PM
    I need to know what RPG,Dragon Warrior or Final Fantasy, is better and please answer why you think so.

In case you missed it... he wanted a reason for your opinion. shouting out "FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!!" doesnt help too much. plus it makes you looks like a fanboy. if you have an opinion, that's fine. but have some reason for it. Gamerguy claims FF is better and even admitted to never played a Dragon Warrior game. jeez... its not hard to answer an honest question.

But to add to the thread i havent played a DW game since DW 1 and 2 on NES. i loved DW1 to death and DW2 seems to have alot of promise too. and ive been a fan of FF games since the original on NES also. but only up until the ones on SNES. 7 was horrible and extremely boring. 8 lasted about 20 minutes for me. and 9 lasted about 2 hours. (more of a movie rather than a game). i dont have a ps2 so i cant comment on those. but id have to say that FF has a distinct edge in graphics and whatnot. so for now ill go with FF since i dont have a lot of experience with the DW series.

Ill make an assumption though. that maybe since DW doesnt have all the flashy graphics and hype and all. maybe it makes up for it with storyline. Madhtr seems to know form experience too.
  • Honestly I never played Dragon Quest/Warrior because I think it never made it to Europe so of course, I go for Final Fantasy, cuz that's the only excellent game i've played (taking out Kingdom Hearts because that's an exception but it's also a great game).
  • i got to go with ff im hooked when i play tactics or any others :notworthy:
  • if you want to have fun playin an rpg play the Final fantasy titles are the way to go
  • Dragon Warrior never heard of it! Isn't it the same game as Breath of Fire with a different name?

Please correct me if I am wrong!

My fave RPG is Golden Sun and Front Mission (1, 2 or 3)

Final Fanasty is not as good as everyone makes out, its the rpg equilent of FIFA! I give up :doh:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion