• ok what systom should i get its between x-box- game cube or ps2 wich 1 ? :unsure:
  • PS2 has better games, more games, and plays dvds straight out of the box. If online play is big to you then you can get the network adapter pack for $199 and then you'd be online ready.....just like the Xbox is.

Xbox has the Capcability of having better graphics though it rarely ever shows it's true graphical prowess with the games it currently has for it.

Gamecube has very little going for it other than Zelda, Skies of Arcadia, Resident Evil, and the upcoming titles Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe, F-Zero GX, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles(which was directed by the same director as the SaGa and Mana series).

Personally i would say PS2 all the way because it has my type of games with lots of RPGs....especially next year. I also plan to get a Gamecube once Killer 7 is released if the game plays as good as it looks. But my first choice would still be PS2. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • I gotta agree with Hattr, the PS2 is the way to go. My favorite thing is the retro compatability. Right now I'm looking at 14 games for the PS which have wonderful replay value and I'll never part with them. Since they work in my PS2s I'll never have to.

I also love the games being produced for it, I don't know this for certain, but it seems to me that a lot of the developers and producers are focusing on the Sony sytem due to the fact that it has the majority of the market.
  • now that youve mentend all of that im getting......................hmmmm..............duh a ps2 of course you guys make sound like the thing of the century :rebel:
  • Originally posted by breathoffire4@Jul 20 2003, 02:41 AM
    now that youve mentend all of that im getting......................hmmmm..............duh a ps2 of course you guys make sound like the thing of the century :rebel:

That's because it is!!! :D If you've not gotten it yet, may I also add my two cents' worth in here? I'd also go with the PS2,..... as a matter of fact, I already have!! It is definitely the way to go!! The selection of games alone makes it THE gaming console!!
  • i agree my dads buying it soon so ill be posting in the ps2 are soon oh could someone tell me about the best games in your oppinion

soon to be ps2 gamer
  • After spending a couple of hundred bucks on the console, you're not gonna want to spend much on a game(s) so go Platinum. I just noticed this weekend that Tekken 4 is now Platinum, and if you don't plan on getting GTA Vice City, GTA3 is a cheap alternative and by no means less fun. So the platinum titles I would recommend are....

Tekken 4 (Fighting)
    Grand Theft Auto 3 (3rd person action)
    Max Payne (3rd person action/shooter, very different to above)
    Final Fantasy X (RPG)
    Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (Racing Sim)
    SSX Tricky (Snowboarding.... it's from EA Sports BIG, don't know how else to classify it)

Oh and don't forget to grab a PS2 Memory Card while you're out there, a tad expensive, but unfortunately they're a necesity(sp?). If you can still get your hands on one, go for the Twin Pack of memory cards. It'll cost more, but it's cheaper in the long run (you get 2 for less than double the price of a single one).

Anyone else want to add to the list?
  • You forgot a very big one there KiLLa.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty; 3rd Person Stealth Espionage Action

Also if your at all interested in flight combat sims grab Ace Combat 4 as it is on the Greatest Hits list as well.
  • i think they all sound good especialy final fantasy x i saw my freind play it it had awsome graphics and alot of reality so ill start with the final fantasy seiries then go to grand turismo series then gta3 and most likely metal gear solid
    any other sudgestions let me know
  • Rex, I didn't forget, it's just not platinum over here in Australia yet :P

Thanks for the heads-up though, I better start saving :D
  • If you in to RPGs.

Final Fantasy X
    .Hack//Infection & Mutation
    Summoner 2
    Star Ocean Till the End of Time (relieses in december in the US)
    Dynasty Tactics (not really RPG, but its a good strategy game)
    Legia 2
    Kingdom Hearts

Those are all the good ones out so far. There are quite a few more good ones coming out in december as well.
  • Isn't this a playstation website.......ps2...by far