Are Games Getting To Easy.....
  • okay is it just me or are games today just getting 2 damn easy? i mean it used to be that finishing a game took devoting much time and evergy and many sleepless nights....now its not uncommon to finish most games in their rental period. wat send me over the edge was my latest rental...the italian job. I spent about 2.5 hrs on that game before completion and the only level that was remotely challenging was the last one n that only took me bout 5 attempts. also the newest lord of the rings game....i borrowed it from my friend and im on the last level after 2 hrs.....ive never spent more than 2 attempts on any level and i was 1/2 way through the last one when my ps2 froze..... other games like enter the matrix which was 6 hrs my first time n def jam vendetta- around 8(beating w/every char unlocking everything) the list goes on........maybe its just me but if im gonna get a game id like to b challenged and feel like i accoplished something when i was done,..... good examples are midnight club 2 or grand theft auto you have 2 work to beat those...it just seems to me that it is getting more and more frequent to have games like The Italian Job that are way to easy and short......does anyone else have an oppinion?
  • I have noticed that too. All of the games ive played lately have been really short, but i dont beat them that quick. MGS2 took me a day, and the same with .Hack//infection & Mutation. I also got to the end of Lord of the Rings Two Towers in about 2 hours, i but i never beat it cuz i think the last stage is impossible and i didnt like the game too much.
  • And that is why I generally only buy RPG's and games that look long, not that i've bought a new game in a while. However, once more games are devloped for the network adapter, I can see the lastability of games increasing.

So yes, I agree, games are too short. I'd expand on this but i'm eating chips so I can only type with one hand, and it's very tiring :tired:
  • I'm with you all on this one. I find that now days I will only purchase a game if I know it will challenge me, unless I am a die hard fan of the title. It's easier on my wallet renting games since they are becoming easier to finish. Matrix was the most recent letdown that I considered owning - since I loved the movies! But after reading comments on the game from APi members, I rented it first. Boy was I glad I only rented it! Same with the Hulk. It only took a few days of half-hearted play to beat. Replay value is also a consideration when purchasing a game vs. renting it and I can't think of any games I've ever rented, completed in a few days, then said "Hey, I'd like to own this game!" I recommend renting games if that option is available to you if you have any doubts about plunking down your hard earned cash on those new games. :think:
  • I agree with you all, i also rented the matrix game and my friend and i got to the end. i left before we beat it. I usually only buy sports or rpg games because they take longer to beat and sport games can be played over and over.

:peace: :flex:
  • i don't know if i agree or don't.

Just playing a game until you reach the credits is usually easy. Most games are too easy if you think of it like that. Would you rather they make games so hard that you have to play a level over and over until you're so sick of it that you resort to cheats so you can see the ending? i don't think games are supposed to be hard, i think they're supposed to be fun. If they made the game too hard, only the most hardcore gamers would buy them and the game companies wouldn't profit.

If you think MGS2 was too easy, you didn't play it on Extreme difficulty. Speaking of which, i hate it when they put unlockables in a game that you can only get on some super hard difficulty setting. Unlockables should be unlockable by anyone, not just the ubergamers.

• Yeah, I have to agree with the masses' general concensus here, I've found myself more and more lately behind a good book instead of in front of a good game.

The latest 'easy' acquisition was Silent Hill2..... finished that game over a weekend, then did it in "medium" mode, then "hard" mode over the next two weekends, and it was waaayyyy too easy!!

Mind you, the storyline was great, and the creepy factor gets 4 thumbs-up, but it was just waayyy too short, and easy to complete for my tastes.

I think it's time to get the latest TR!! :woot:
  • I disagree.Some games are far to bloody easy(Hulk,Blade 2).But of coarse this could be because you could be playing the game on easy(chargerfanchs probably hasnt played the matrix on hard which is bloody hard took me a week) which I think is most likely because nowadays if a gamer finds a game to hard they put it down to easy and call it completed.This being far from true.This type of gamer sometime starts on easy too which is wussy if ya ask me!So I think most of the problem here is that you are playing the game on easy how about trying hard for a change!Or even extreme!
  • Well, if some games were not easy enough to win, no little gamers would be able to win the game.

I get stuck on bosses now and then, but I always pull through. I like the games where you can choose the game difficulty. This is because some games I am a master at, and some I'm just pretty good at. A few games would be incredibly hard to complete.

Thats all I have to say.
  • Originally posted by Shattered Dreamer@Jul 19 2003, 07:47 PM
    I disagree.Some games are far to bloody easy(Hulk,Blade 2).But of coarse this could be because you could be playing the game on easy(chargerfanchs probably hasnt played the matrix on hard which is bloody hard took me a week) which I think is most likely because nowadays if a gamer finds a game to hard they put it down to easy and call it completed.This being far from true.This type of gamer sometime starts on easy too which is wussy if ya ask me!So I think most of the problem here is that you are playing the game on easy how about trying hard for a change!Or even extreme!

Let's just clarify something! I am not a wussy! :cry: :fight:

As I stated before I only rented the game to see if I would like to purchase it or not. I don't remember seeing a lot of favorable reviews of the Matrix, and I'm not going to buy a game if I can beat it in one or two days, even if it was set on "ULTRA EASY" mode. I mean what's the point of killing 20 or 30 more enemies per level or taking 2 or 3 times the damage when, as you stated, you even beat it in one week on the hardest setting. To be honest, I don't recall setting the difficulty levels, I usually play them (rentals) on whatever the default setting is. I'll admit it was a fun game, and that's all I'm really looking for is fun. But it takes more than that to get me to actually purchase the title since I already have enough "disappointing" games collecting dust! ;)
  • to me its you because for me ther pretty hard for me like the final fantasy seiries thats hard and its pretty new so there :P
  • name an rpg that you can beat in a day and i will give you a dollar :rules:
  • Do all-nighters count as a day? J/k. Seriously though, no RPG could be finished in a day...doesn't mean they're hard though, just long.

I'm going to go with the masses here, games are getting way too easy. Like Suze, I find myself either reading or listening to music instead of playing a game.

Games don't seem to have much of a challenge anymore. DMC 2 for example, don't get me wrong, I love the game. But it is way too easy. Even on Must Die Mode, it's way too easy. Compared to the first game, which I still can't beat on Dante Must Die Mode.

There seems to be very little games out now that seem to challenge the person.

"final fantasy seiries thats hard and its pretty new so there "

The newer games aren't really hard for the FF series, they're another example of games that are too easy. However, the first 6 were the most challenging games, and I would like to see the challenge they provided come into games now. (I still can't seem to beat one area in both FFIV and FFV)
  • You mentioned that you finished The Italian Job in 2 1/2 hours. I can't understand how this was done, but maybe you can help me. I am trying to complete the story mode and accomplish finishing with all A's, but the balance I can't get greater than level B. Would you be kind enough to let me know what your secret is, as I have tried to get greater than a B without success.

Thanks,
    Jack
  • I beat .Hack//Mutation in a day. (10 Hours) Where's my dollor?
  • Are Games getting too easy? Yes and No.

Yes:
    Gamers nowdays are spoiled by stragety guides, friends who beat the game, cheat codes, and web sites that give help...no offense APi, I love ya! Also if alot of the people on this site go back to the days of NES and play the games there, they won't be able to beat them. Trust me on that I still play my NES games and Goblins 'n Ghost (i think that's the name to the original Maximo) is still hard.

If those of you could dust off your RE series of games (no including GC) do so now and you realize as the games increase in number or a letter is added the difficulty goes down. The first time I played and beat the original RE it took 9 hours and RE2 took only 6. RE3 puzzles were hard at times, but with all the health and ammo Nemisis seemed like nothing. Code Veronica was just a walk in the park. I counted 10 zombie bites to take you down...to just above red!

No:
    We as gamers have gotten so good at games that we think they have gotten easy. Alot of the new games out there follow the same difficulty as other games in the series or made by the company or even the same genre. If you look at FPS you play them so often and with multiplayer you increase your skill at FPS. Later you use the same strageties as in all games and since alot of FPS haven't redefined the industry you can use the same strategies over and over. Also humans are much better than any AI and they all follow the same pattern. So face one a few times and you beat them with ease, learn how they work and game over. Of course this can be explained for FPS and a few platformers...maybe action advetures and definitly MGS, I mean we all have betten the first one and gotten 20 hours out of the demo right?

So as far as I stand, games have gotten easy. We worked or fast twitched adreline rush fingers so fast that anything that comes along is easy and game developers aren't trying anymore just for profit... Come on guys what happened to the good ol' call a friend over because I have final gotten past this one part or when I get to the last boss? The last time that happened was the origanal RE.

Have Fun Gaming! Tango Down!
  • Depends on the game and the company behind it.

I think EA make games dead easy but thats me!
  • Some games are, not particularly getting easier but getting much shorter certainly... such as the Matrix game, although i haven't played it myself i've heard about it. Although of course if you think a game is to easy then there's always the Hard mode just for such an occasion.
    :P

However, having been playing GT3 a lot recently, i can confirm that not ALL games are getting too easy, or short!!! A feature of a really excellent game!
  • I do agree with you all, but it also depends on the games that you get... action 3rd or 1st person shooters are usually the longest now a days... games like Halo, Dead to Rights, and Dynasty Warriors 3&4 are usually the best type of choice because even after you beat the game, which takes a long time in most cases... there are still difficulty levels. take Halo for example... Halo takes a long time to beat even if you play it hours on end. then after you dominate it on easy, to work up to legendary is really hard and takes a long time. :fight:
  • Really, it all comes down to a gameplayers abilities. If you are not so good at one sort of game and you buy it, you are going to be challenged. If you are good at another sort of game, and you buy one, you won't be as challenged, will you?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion