• I received a PM from fellow APi'er Zarate72 who is having some problems, and I don't know how to help him/her, so I thought I'd paste his/her PM in here in hopes that someone could help out, please.

[quote]
    My PS2 wont read any of my games. Is there any way I can fix this? I turn on the console, but it just keeps telling me that there is a disc read error. The console isn't even reading the discs. It doesn't even spin them. Is there something I can do, or will I have to go buy another PS2? :woot:
  • To me it sounds like the drive (the thingy that turns the disc) is shot.

Looks like you'll need a new one or if it is still under warranty then Sony may have a little work on their hands!

One other thing... Is it just PS2 games or will PS1 games, CD's or DVD's work?
  • Originally posted by Rex77@Jul 27 2003, 02:54 AM
    To me it sounds like the drive (the thingy that turns the disc) is shot.

Looks like you'll need a new one or if it is still under warranty then Sony may have a little work on their hands!

One other thing... Is it just PS2 games or will PS1 games, CD's or DVD's work?

I have the same problem, but just with some discs. Most work fine. Ratchet and Clank worked fine for a week or 2, now wont work at all
  • Wow, problems similar to this have been showing up alot lately. And one of the most common answers is try cleaning the laser lens, but then again it could be the drive. Just a suggestion. :)
  • ive just about given up on my ps2 its the worst console ive ever bought, it hasnt played dvds for months but still only plays Friday lol, and plays all my ps1 games and old ps2 but ot the new 1s, socom worked once after about 300000000 tries i think im goin to go and tap dance on my ps2 now bubye.
    ps i have tried cleanin the lens it still a piss of s*** i hate ps2
  • Cleaning the lens? How would you do that? :unsure:

isn't the PS2 covered?

If cleaning the lens takes me to open the console..... then I won't do it!!

I still remembered the last console I opened (I think its the family computer) I've been a loner to games for the rest of my childhood life!! :doh:
  • A lense cleaner for the PS2 consists of a disk that has brushes on the bottom along with some cleaning fluid. That should take care of lense problems, but if the problem is recurring after cleaning the lense then it's not the lense that's giving you problems(more than likely). Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • [quote]Originally posted by Susan B STAFF@Jul 24 2003, 10:51 PM
    [b]
    I received a PM from fellow APi'er Zarate72 who is having some problems, and I don't know how to help him/her, so I thought I'd paste his/her PM in here in hopes that someone could help out, please.

[quote]
    My PS2 wont read any of my games. Is there any way I can fix this? I turn on the console, but it just keeps telling me that there is a disc read error. The console isn't even reading the discs. It doesn't even spin them. Is there something I can do, or will I have to go buy another PS2? :woot:
  • well id say that you should go and ask a game shop or game repare place and they normaly do it 4 about $30-$40 bucks but hey its worth it i mean all game freaks unite i cant stand not playing game systom for to long i draw the line at 1 week then i go crazy or :swear: n insain :woot:
  • If you let you console collect dust then it will start to malfunction. so try cleaning the dust off and keeping it in a clean area. Also try not to bump it around or parts can get shaken loose and it won't work anymore.