Hi Everyone!
  • Well, Its been a LONG time since I last posted here. Most people probably won't remember me, nor care that I'm back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi and that its good to see the site is back up.

I had sort of moved on from this site, new interests, not enough time to have an active interest in video games, etc. I remember I was looking for some information that I had read on here a long time ago and was surprised and saddened to see that the site was no longer active. Anyway, I probably will post very rarely here now, but its good to know this great community that I was once a part of is back! :)

Oh, and for the record, I definitly had more posts than 37, I think that may be incorrect. As I recall it was in the neighbourhood of 300+ (so that people don't say, "so who is this noob that never posted before" :tongue: )
  • I remember ya Mavm, you mostly posted in the Gran Turismo forum didn't ya?

Don't be a stranger, come back when you can.

• QUOTE(Rex77 @ Apr 14 2006, 04:00 PM) [snapback]61053[/snapback]

I remember ya Mavm, you mostly posted in the Gran Turismo forum didn't ya?

Don't be a stranger, come back when you can.
    [/b]

lol yes. Racing games were my main hobby. I still play the GT series games from time to time. Although I'm now old enough to participate in real motorsports. I try to Autocross (a timed run through a course laid out by a series of cones) with my car as much as possible, as well as doing as much go-kart racing as I can.
  • QUOTE(mavm @ Apr 14 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]61051[/snapback]

Well, Its been a LONG time since I last posted here. Most people probably won't remember me, nor care that I'm back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi and that its good to see the site is back up.

I had sort of moved on from this site, new interests, not enough time to have an active interest in video games, etc. I remember I was looking for some information that I had read on here a long time ago and was surprised and saddened to see that the site was no longer active. Anyway, I probably will post very rarely here now, but its good to know this great community that I was once a part of is back! :)

Oh, and for the record, I definitly had more posts than 37, I think that may be incorrect. As I recall it was in the neighbourhood of 300+ (so that people don't say, "so who is this noob that never posted before" :tongue: )
    [/b]

Hey now, just be happy to have any posts to come back to.... or even an APi to post in at all. ^^ In any case, good to see you back
  • QUOTE(mavm @ Apr 14 2006, 07:02 PM) [snapback]61055[/snapback]

lol yes. Racing games were my main hobby. I still play the GT series games from time to time. Although I'm now old enough to participate in real motorsports. I try to Autocross (a timed run through a course laid out by a series of cones) with my car as much as possible, as well as doing as much go-kart racing as I can.
    [/b]

You are always welcome mavm!!

i kinda remeber you in the GT thread because i used to post there a lot.. :D

You participate in autocross?? cool.... I'm only able to participate in go carts...

how about drifting? it's similar to autocross right?
  • QUOTE(pjb @ Apr 16 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]61153[/snapback]

You are always welcome mavm!!

i kinda remeber you in the GT thread because i used to post there a lot.. :D

You participate in autocross?? cool.... I'm only able to participate in go carts...

how about drifting? it's similar to autocross right?

[/b]

Well, I don't drift since I have a front wheel drive car! Drifting is more about style and getting the back end of your car to hang out, where as autocross is all about getting through the course as fast as you can.

In Autocross you are divided into classes, so that you race against cars that are similar to yours in terms of performance. If you have any mods to your car, you compete against cars with similar mods.
  • Oh yeah I forgot about that......

may i ask mavm what car are you using? hondacivic perhaps? it's a wild guess of course :D

Me and my brother is into modding our car lately...
  • QUOTE(pjb @ Apr 17 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]61216[/snapback]

Oh yeah I forgot about that......

may i ask mavm what car are you using? hondacivic perhaps? it's a wild guess of course :D

Me and my brother is into modding our car lately...

[/b]

lol no actually. I drive a 2002 Sentra Spec V. 6 speed, LSD and 175 HP make it a pretty good car for autocross.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/mavm86/RGL_1897.jpg
  • NIce car bro.... does it produce 175hp at stock? btw I read some articles that sentras have the same engine as altimas?
  • QUOTE(pjb @ Apr 24 2006, 12:30 AM) [snapback]61580[/snapback]

NIce car bro.... does it produce 175hp at stock? btw I read some articles that sentras have the same engine as altimas?
    [/b]

Thanks.

Yeah, stock it produces 175hp. It is the same 2.5 liter engine that is in the base model altima. Makes 180 lbs/ft of torque too, so its got lots of get up and go. I currently have a header and an exhaust to install, should give me another 10hp or so at the wheels. Then I want a new set of coilover suspension, but its going to be awhile before I can afford that, being a poor student and all. I hope to have the suspension by mid to late June, but we'll see.