The Site Acronym
  • This question came up in the live chat/help during the weekend.
    Since the site no longer is playstation exclusive nor called playstation the commonly used "APi" has lost its meaning.

During the chat, suggestions like AbCO, the Absolute and others that I can't publish here were discussed.
    It would be nice to have an acronym or abbriviation since Absolute-community is a bit long.

Personally I, being swedish, associate the word Absolute to vodka and Eurodisco collection CD:s
    AC is what you have in the car
    AbCo sounds a bit stiff.

So does anyone have any suggestions and/or comments?
  • How about "a-unity" or... heh heh... a-bs-community? No? Anybody, Dust, No? I really have no idea...
  • AbCO sounds pretty good in my opinion

Otherwise all I can really think of would be socom (No, not navy seals) ...but thats already taken
  • I like the sound of AbCo to... however, "A-Com" also comes to mind.What'dya think about that one?
    Or even "A-Unity"?? It's gotta be something that rolls off the fingers onto the keyboard semi-easily and smoothly, I think. ACom maybe, without the "-" ?
  • AbCo? sounds like it should belong in the Periodic Tables as a metal!

APXiiC - Absolute-Playstation-Xbox-Wii-Community *pronounced apzic*

You saw it here first!
  • the ABC sounds good but I belive that is some sort of network in the states right?

The Abby, got a pretty nice ring to it. Warm and welcoming.

The Abity? ( :D I want bitty!)

If we turn it around Community-Absolute, Coma, nah Coab?

How about "the Lute" sounds a bit like a nice pub.

We totally need to come to an agreement. Let's keep on brainstorming for a couple of days, check if Jim has anything to say in the matter and do a vote. OK?!
  • AGC - Absolute Gaming Community

The Abbey? - Where are u going online - Im going up the abbey :blink: Although it might just be me with a dirty mind lol!! Reminds me of being taken up the custard ailse!!
  • APi is no longer APi?! What on earth? How come no one has told me I've been making a fool out of myself in the new members area saying welcome to APi. :blink:

Personally I would like AB-COM. The only problem with that would be that it sounds a lot like a gym or something. :flex:

Or going with manneman's idea except with my own little spin, The Lute Commune. That's a little long for an acronym though. :huh:

AGi...to change one letter. Absolute Gaming international.
  • While AGi is clear and easy to remember, and "The Lute" is cute... and APXiiC is just confusing and not too easy to roll off the fingertips :blink: , those aren't exactly acronyms of what our real name is here...
    Absolute Community.

Just something to keep in mind while we're brainstorming. :g:
  • I thought The Lute was founded off of absoLUTE. :g: But hmm. There really isn't much you can add to that without sounding like a stiff corporation.
  • You are totally right, Red

Oh, gotta run, seem to have caught spambots attention :harhar:
  • Guess I was just being nit-picky... according to Merriam-Webster:

[quote]
    Main Entry: ac
  • A-Com sounds cool......

Did everyone miss " ACi " Absolute Community international ?
  • QUOTE(Shagger @ May 18 2006, 06:30 AM) [snapback]63398[/snapback]

A-Com sounds cool......
    Did everyone miss " ACi " Absolute Community international ?
    [/b]

Of course I did! :bag: You don't actually think my brain works, do you!? :g:
    I swear, no matter what anyone else thinks, those last 2 surgeries I had surely must have scrambled something up in there!!

Thank you Miss Piggy. Who made the salad?
  • QUOTE(Speediebean @ May 18 2006, 05:40 PM) [snapback]63401[/snapback]

Of course I did! :bag: You don't actually think my brain works, do you!? :g:
    I swear, no matter what anyone else thinks, those last 2 surgeries I had surely must have scrambled something up in there!!

Thank you Miss Piggy. Who made the salad?
    [/b]

They may have just moved some bits....... I still allow alchohol sole rights to messing with mine :wacko:

• Cheesy but maybe TAGS

The
    Absolute
    Gamers
    Society
  • How abt AGS
    Absolute gamers station
    Ithink it will be nice
  • Oh yeah, The Lute sounds like and awesome nickname :p

I realised something, you cant spell Lunacy without Abosolute Community :)

Aint it so true.