i've been shortlisted
  • So i put my notice in at work on monday as we move in 2 weeks and i got a phone call today to say that yours truly has been shortlisted for Pharmacy Technician Of the Year Award!!!
    Its a national competition thing and me and tiff get to go to a posh awards dinner so i have to buy a new frock!!!

Woooooo!!! Have to go all expenses paid to a hotel 5* in Birmingham
  • Congratulations Jane! Way to go!!:) This certainly seems to be your year. I mean, you did well on your last exams, got married and now have this happen! Bet you're on cloud 9 right about now huh?:)

What is shortlisting anyway? Is it an award or something? I'm assuming based on your post that shortlisting is good.

Here in the USA it has a different connotation.
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    Congratulations Jane! Way to go!!:) This certainly seems to be your year. I mean, you did well on your last exams, got married and now have this happen! Bet you're on cloud 9 right about now huh?:)

She's probably on cloud 99 nevermind could 9, lol :laugh:

Melinda S STAFF said:
    What is shortlisting anyway? Is it an award or something? I'm assuming based on your post that shortlisting is good.

Here in the USA it has a different connotation.

Shortlisting is basically this:
    You start off with a list of people of, oh i don't know let's say 5000, then you whittle it down until you've only got like 5 or something like that.
    THAT is a shortlist. It's a really-shorter list of people.

Anyway, great going Jane :clap:
  • Thanx guys

wether i win or not - its gonna be great for me starting my new job having this happened in the meantime. Its gonna look fab on my CV!!

PLus the look on my bosses face.... She was just starting to talk to me again after telling her i was leaving in 2 weeks and that the new place has almost doubled my wages and then this happened - She was proper narked!! lol

Oh and Tiff has his new job too so we both moving in 2 weeks!! We were worried he wouldnt get something and i would have to move without him for the start but we dont have to now wooo

They say it comes in threes.....

Anyone wanna rub me for good luck ;)
  • Jane N STAFF said:

Anyone wanna rub me for good luck ;)

Jane, you know I have offered many times to do this, but always been rejected :redface:

but now that you are a married woman, you have changed. It didnt take long until Tiff talked you in to this............... :o

Oh, congrats on the Techie of the Year thing and the new job too :)
  • Jane N STAFF said:
    ...Anyone wanna rub me for good luck ;)

Can I? I need a LOT of good luck sooo I'll have to keep rubbing for at least an hour or two ;) lol
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Can I? I need a LOT of good luck sooo I'll have to keep rubbing for at least an hour or two ;) lol

I get to rub her all I want. Still waiting for something good to happen though! :p

The missus is a brainy one, but no good at house hold things.

The awards should be good as we need a diversion from the move, plus I quit my job today & not even give them the satisfaction of stopping the week.
  • Chris N STAFF said:
    I get to rub her all I want. Still waiting for something good to happen though! :p

Well what are you expecting to happen? Her to suddenly devlop a sixth sense as to what the lottery numbers will be? lol...
    ...or maybe something else?
    Just don't get too carried away...she says you've gotta get the move sorted and work and life in general before anything, or anyone, else happens ;)
    Chris N STAFF said:
    The missus is a brainy one, but no good at house hold things.

The awards should be good as we need a diversion from the move, plus I quit my job today & not even give them the satisfaction of stopping the week.

You better have started preparing the Dark Ritual to make sure she wins...
    Oh and the partay to celebrate :D lol

Well you aint gonna get a very good refernce from THEM after doing that are you? :laugh:
  • Glad that were going down to the awards as I've just sorted out our new pad & we move the day after we get back. Talk about resting time of nano seconds