Playstation 3 will not turn on
  • we opened it and hooked it up today
    played one game, when we hooked up Guitar Hero 3 on the system , it shut down. Now the system will not turn on. it tries to turn on but does not.
    we have unplugged, let rest done it all, what can id o now.
    should i retun it
  • Sorry for the late reply.

Is the switch on the back of the PS3 turned off? When you say that it tries to turn on, what exactly do you mean?
  • There have been a number of people having problems with their system after playing Guitar Hero 3, it seems- been seeing similar stories elsewhere. I would contact Sony about this, you may need to send your system in for repair/ replacement. I would also contact Activision's tech support about the situation as it is their game.
  • jbjanso said:
    we opened it and hooked it up today
    played one game, when we hooked up Guitar Hero 3 on the system , it shut down. Now the system will not turn on. it tries to turn on but does not.
    should i retun it

Did you update the firmware to 2.10 first before playing Guitar Hero III?
    I have no issues at all with GH3..
  • jbjanso said:
    we opened it and hooked it up today
    should i retun it

I have had my ps3 since the day it came out and the same problem has occured to me for the 1st time. I to have tried unplugging cables and leaving it for hours but it still wont work. I was playing MW2 when it shut itself down but I have played GH3 quite alot in the past. Did you phone sony? if so what did they say to do ?