Guitar Hero 3 vs Rock Band
  • image vs image

I saw GHII and liked it. But then today I got my binoculars Rock Band.

Guitar Hero is exactly that.. Guitars. So is Rock Band.. it's exactly that... Bands

I think that Rock Band is the superior game because of it's other instruments.

But Rock Band's guitar play isn't that good.. Most of the time you can't see the notes...

Guitar Hero 3 is for the guitar freaks and Rock Band is for the band freaks...

But the question is... Which is better?!?!

Please tell me what you think of both games, which you like and why you like it..
  • Well I'll have to leave this thread alone as I haven't played any.
    I'd love Guitar Hero III for the PS3 though, and possibly for the Wii as well. I wonder what the differences are, if any, between the PS3 and Wii versions :confused:

Anyway, I would probably get GHIII but would possibly get Rock Band as I'm more a drummer than a Strummer, I suppose *shrug*
  • woah! That's a fast reply...
    I'm also more a drummer than a strummer *shrug*

Jay, you're no longer staff???
  • Yup, I can be quick if I want to be.
    Of course...there are some things you most definitely take your time over; can't rush art ;) hehe
  • I have yet to try Rock Band, but I had a blast with GHIII. I would be making a highly uneducated judgment call, but that has never stopped me before:D. I will have to go with GHIII due to it being less expensive and less....expansive. GHIII has a lot less stuff to deal with, simplicity m'friends. But I would not shy away from a good ol' e-rock tour.
  • Dan E Staff said:
    ...I would not shy away from a good ol' e-rock tour.

OK then, I'll play the drums, you can play the guitar Dan, Shaddow, you can play something else, and we'll get Jane and Mel to dress in really short 60s type dresses or skirts and they can be our duet singers.
    All we need is a keyboard player and we're sussed.

What could we call ourselves? Perhaps something along the lines of...

APi Rock

Yeah, that's not too bad actually. That ok with everybody? :cool:
  • I have an issue...

I have tried and tried to play Guitar Hero. I play real guitar and no matter how hard I try, I cant play the game because out of habit, my fingers go directly to where i know the sound is supposed to be on the neck. HAHAHAA!!! Especially if I have played or tried to play the songs before hand that GH offers. But if I had to pick....I would pick RB due to the drums and sing'n. Yes...this man has a voice too. <<grin>>
  • Nec said:
    ...Yes...this man has a voice too. <<grin>>

Singing along in the bathroom does not count as proper singing man. Anyone can sing alone in their bathroom or another part of their house, only a few can sing in public. Apart from the crazy people who love to go to pubs and clubs and sing karaoke, but they're just a tad unhinged :huh:

Besides, we've got the singers, Mel and Jane will make a perfect singing duet :)
  • There's not an option for no idea as far as which is better. I've played Guitar Hero III and Rock Band and have to say I prefer Guitar Hero III only because of the way it's displayed when you're playing a song. I like the round notes instead of the bars that you have to play on Rock Band.

I haven't ever played Rock Band apart from the Guitar part so I can't really give Rock Band a bad review as of yet.

My vote: Neither;)
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    I prefer Guitar Hero III only because of the way it's displayed when you're playing a song. I like the round notes instead of the bars that you have to play on Rock Band.

I also like the round notes that light up on fire instead of the bars that.... um..... just light up...
  • shaddow said:
    I also like the round notes that light up on fire instead of the bars that.... um..... just light up...

It certainly is less steller to see a bar light up than a round note.;)
  • i recentley got gutar hero 3 and while i enjoyed it, even more when you got your mates round and a couple of crates of belgums finest, but rock band seems to offer so much more i dont know what the soundtrack or the quality of the covers will be like i just hope its not better than guitar hero or ill cry.
  • i like the setup on rock band, but its just not as challenging as guitar hero, i bought rock band and slapped in on expert, and hardly had a challenge,dont get me wrong there are a few challengin songs on there, but online im very competitive, and i just get bored with rock band
  • i traded in guitar hero last friday ididnt like it anymore and the songs where pretty week might wait for rock band so i can wack some drums. But the problem with novelty games like these is that it weaers off after a short while.