• what does error 80010017 meanon ps3
  • A quick search found this error coming up when a download was done on an unactivated system. Go into the Account Management and to the Account Management section inside here. Go to Activate System and, if this was done already, de-activate it. Once that is done, go back in and re-activate the system. This should clear out this error.
  • that didnt work. this is what happened i was tring to do online play on madden 08 and it said turn off system and i did then then i tried to play madden 08 again it it said error 80010017
  • how do i fix error 80010017
  • Hmm... was there an update being downloaded for the game when it said that?
  • yea there was an update
  • Ok- that update may not have been downloaded properly, possibly some packet loss. You may have to delete whatever saves you have of madden (along with anything in the Game Information section of the Game menu) and try again.
  • i did that and it still says error 80010017
  • You may want to contact Sony- it's possible your Blu-Ray drive might be getting defective in that unit. That error, it turns out, means "can't start Blu-Ray game". It may be having trouble reading the disc. Have you tried any other games in it?
  • yea my other games work perfectly
  • In that case, either your Madden disc is faulty or in need of a good cleaning- something is keeping the system from reading it.

Try giving the disc a good wipe with a soft cloth, going from the center out to the edge. Maybe some dirt or fingerprints are keeping the laser from getting a proper read.
  • i have same problem wit madden 08, help!