Random rants returns!
  • I have to disagree with ya there PB. Its more than obvious marijuana has absolutely no side effects whatsoever, and another thing.....................erm.....................hold on a sec, i was just about to say something else..........................erm.....................ooo what was it.........................erm............................nope its gone!

Sorry, what was the question again
  • [b][i] :2devilish: Bottom Line: Marijuana Kills BRAIN CELLS!!!

These people who argue the "it don't hurt nobody" point, have never seen the downside of "pot" use.
  • The other part of this that gets to me is that I now see a lot of "second hand smoke kills" commercials.
  • You can get lung cancer just as easily (if not more so) from a joint as a cigarette.[/b]

Agreed PB. Although there is no health benefit to be had from smoking (imagine that, a smoker actually knowing that); as highly regulated as the agriculture industry is today, especially when it comes to pesticide management, the tobacco used in todays products is far safer than the pot plant growing in the backyard of the local dope-fiend or the jungles of Columbia.

The whole "second-hand" smoke fearmongoring is todays witch hunt, much like the evils-of-alcohol led to prohabition in the '20's.
  • I do know a few pot smokers myself and altho' I agree it is not the most wonderfull sustance for the brain cells I have to say I've never seen these people do anything violent. On the other hand most people after a couple of drinks (myself included at times) become absolute maniacs, lunatics and general verbaly abusive people.

As for myself I dont even smoke cigaretts but if people want to smoke whatever they want its there body they are f***ing up at the end of the day, dont light your cigaretts or your pot into my cabin and we're ok.

Please excuse me now while I re-light my cigar
  • According to some medical tests, if you smoke a spliff that is mixed with tobacco, you are more likely to contract lung cancer due to the fact that you are inhaling a lot deeper than you would normally.

Interestingly enough studies have also shown that people who smoke
  • but any type of smoke is just downright bad for you. I personally don't mind it if people do but god, if you go to a frickin concert there's the sh*t everywhere. I went to a Linkin park concert a month ago and there were 4 girls infront of us who, in the span of the 5 hour concert, smoked 2 packs of cigarettes each and each had 3 or 4 joints. One of them was rolling them and handing them out to people below them. And they were going crazy they were so high and I thought I'd get high from all the sh*t they smoked. And the damn usher was 15 feet away from them but I should mention that he was a bit high himself as he had a joint(lol, damn nassau colliseum)Also, one of the girls got so high she spilled booze all over my friend's program(the stupid b*tch) Well anyways, that's my random rant about pot and the half-assed ushers at nassau colliseum

But there were soldiers guarding all the entrances and they had AK47's so the security was tight.
  • [b][i] :2devilish: "One toke over the line, Sweet Jesus, One toke over the line" :music:

Sorry, all this "Whacky Tobbacky" talk got this song stuck in my head.

Since there is no "body" setting regulations on the growth practices and distribution methods of ANY illegal drugs, it would be safe to say that the smoke from Mary Jane is the least of the consumers worries.

And I quote, "the pot plant growing in the backyard of the local dope-fiend or the jungles of Columbia."
  • Sorry, all this "Whacky Tobbacky" talk got this song stuck in my head[/b]
  • "You can get lung cancer just as easily (if not more so) from a joint as a cigarette."

• Although smoking of any thing isn't overly healthy, there are health benifits associated with smoking pot with people suffering from some terminal ailments (can't remember).

I've tried pot about 5-8 times in my life, mainly on my travels overseas when I was single. The first 4 times I had very little effect (probably didn't inhale much). The fifth time however, it hit me like a truck. I was walking around laughing my head off thinking I was a member of Thunderbirds. I also had a six pack of Cooper's stout which has a 12% alcohol content
  • Just thought I would add this.

[b]To all the kids out there who have read the last few posts in this thread
  • Drugs of any sort will not take away any problems you may have but only increase them tenfold.
    [/b]

Dito, Shagger's advice is spot on. No one really know's if we exist after death so look after the body you've got because you won't get another one if you screw it up on drugs.

Even legal drugs such as alcohol can mess your'e body up. I now have a "fatty" liver condition due to alcohol abuse and as a result I have had to cease drinking alchol. For me it's either I drink or I don't, all or nothing.
  • To anyone out there thinking about doing drugs:

• [b][i] :2devilish: I am down at the beach, wet suit on, I hit the surf. I catch a couple waves and all of a sudden a Police SUV pulls up to the water's edge and tell me I have to get out the water, cause it is to cold.
  • Ya know, you didn't HAVE to get out of the water. How could you be FORCED out of the water?
  • all of a sudden a Police SUV pulls up to the waters edge and tell me I have to get out the water, cause it is to cold.[/b]

DC,
    Jeez, I wouldn't have thought he could enforce that order. He's probably on a bit of a ego trip, either that or he's p!ssed of that his partner ate the last jam filled dohnut
  • [b][i] :2devilish: KFH- I am not one to disrespect authority...(Trying to control the laughter)... :laugh3:

Seriously,
  • DC,
    I hope you gave him a smart ar$ed response, I'd expect nothing less from you after that encounter
  • :2devilish: You know I did my Aussie friend, I laid out a line of smarta$$ wit that would make Don Rickles and Andrew Dice Clay blush. :laugh3:
  • I know it's been a long time since Kodain replied to this thread but I totally agree wit' him!!!!It p!$$e$ me off when some jack***
  • Hey Speedie: :thumbsup:
  • This isn't much of a rant, but.........

The freeway is for driving on, off-ramps are for slowing down.
  • I go along with you on that one wreckingball, this is why I always ride my bike.
    One of the worst words in the english language is traffic, well that is a bad word if you are in a tin box. As for me I dont understand the meaning of the word anymore.
  • when it comes to driving, I have to say that the thing to make my blood boil is those IDIOTS who thing the outer lan is called the FAST LANE when its really the overtaking lane !

Jeez, how often do these jerks sit there doing the exact speed limit when there is space to move over and let people past. If their brains were large enough to absorb the fact that the lane is just for OVERTAKING other cars, there would be a lot more love in the world.
  • I agree about sitting in the fast lane when there is plenty of room to move over, but , if I am in the slow lane and sitting on the speed limit , how can you pass me with-out breaking the law ? Also WB I do not think that one car length per 10 mph. is enough when you are going really fast . Anyway I prefer a good gap between me and the car in front , but as I drive in the slow lane that should be O.K. I do not like tailgaters who try to force me to go faster than I want , and if they seem to be getting p----d off , I just pull over and have a smoke while they get out of my way . Saves a lot of stress .
  • [b][i] :2devilish: Ok, this is more of a self-pitty party than an rant.

As few know, I have been messin' around going to wrestling school for about the last month, I am a wrestling fan and thought it would be a kick.

Well the other night, I was doin' a demo with another guy in the class, the spot, or high point of the demo, was to be me dropkickin' him over the top rope while he was dazed in the corner.
  • I have a sorta same grip or rant about this dumb A$$ I incountered on the freeway yesterday...
    I was in the slow lane coming back from fishing when I see the traffic up ahead was slowing down... so I signal to change lanes to the fast lane.
    A couple of cars pasted by and I had some room to move over so thats what I did.
    Well this dumb a$$ woman that I got ahead of didn't like the idea of me getting ahead of her so she speeds up and passes me on the left shoulder of the road!!!!! Get this... I am already in the fast lane when she does this!!! :mad:
    I gave her a look like I want to give her a drive by, and I did give her the good old american bird!!!!!
    I know she could read my lips as I catched up to her and called her a stupid f--king Bit-h.
    Boy I fill much better now :2devilish:
  • I hate computer viruses cos I got a couple on my computer and I had to restore it and stuff and I lost all my stuff off my PC games. So far my computer's been restored 4 times and it really sucks cos you have to sort the internet out and I had to re-register it and everything what a drag, and I had to download all my stuff like flash and msn again! :mad:
  • I hate computer viruses cos I got a couple on my computer and I had to restore it and stuff and I lost all my stuff off my PC games. So far my computer's been restored 4 times and it really sucks cos you have to sort the internet out and I had to re-register it and everything what a drag, and I had to download all my stuff like flash and msn again! :mad:[/b]

That is why they make programs called Anti-virus and Firewalls. I would suggest purchasing one before buying another computer game.

• Ive got an anti virus programme we got one with puter it's just my puter is f**ked up.

• This is my first official rant because i don't usually get annoyed or angry but i did get annoyed and angry on Friday morning because when i tried to get onto the internet there was no dialing tone so i thought oh the modem mustn't be connected in the back but when i checked it was fines.

So i went to phone my uncle to ask his advise on what could be wrong but when i picked the phone up that had no tone, so that was the problem, the phone company was having problems, so my Mam went round the courner to the pay phone to phone the company to ask them what the problem was but they didn't evn know what the problem was, WHAT A SURPRISE!!! and they said they would be able to get the phone on till monday (3 days without internet and API, how would i hold up) but finally i am back but it doesn't look like i've missed much with API losing most of it's post since 18th.

Hopefully the phone company never have this problem again and when and if they have another problem they should be able to fix it straight away.
  • [i]This is an update on Dan's (DC) surgery, it was supposed to be tomarrow but they up'ed to this evening, he thought they were going to give him a local anesthetic (sp?) they ended up having to knock him out cause the local was not working due to a large amount of prior scare tissue in the knee.

The surgery was minor, the MCL was just ruptured, so they put a surgical steel webbed sleeve around the ruptured area and then wrapped the tissue around it.

The reason I am posting this is because Dan had a bad reaction to the anesthetic (sp?) , his heart stopped for about 3 minutes. They shocked him and his heart beat came back. He awoke about an hour later and kissed me and told me to go home, he would be fine. His folks are there now, they have to keep him over night for observation. His heart was beating irregularly and would not hold a steady beat.
  • Anybody who surfs, fishes, and shanks sheep is tough enough to take a little knee surgery, dontcha think Wave Girl?
    [quote][quote]
  • I get abit f**king sick of this MAC vs PC war! Each side claiming theres is better! Well I got an idea,
  • (Spike I totally agree with your comments on
  • Gideon, i am shocked and upset by what i have just read...

I cant BELIEVE you watch Kilroy!
  • [quote]Anybody who surfs, fishes, and shanks sheep is tough enough to take a little knee surgery, dontcha think Wave Girl?
  • I had sorta the same problem as the great evil one.I was online(after 6'o clock,cuz then it's free)and I was connecting and it wouldn't do it.I checked my modem,internet tools and refreshed the page a million times and eventually it connected.Bearing in mind I sat there for 6 hours trying to connect,I got a call from the tel. company and they said and I quote....

We are sorry for the inconvenience.The boards have been disconnected and all calls,internet connections and email messages were stopped.

Just before they hung up,they said,You will be charged for the bill.Then they hung up.I tried to do 1471(callback service)and it said the caller withheld their number!!The bill amassed to
  • [quote]#1. On the show they were treated as if they were the little angels that society had
  • I get abit f**king sick of this MAC vs PC war! Each side claiming theres is better![/b]

Odd response for someone who started a thread entitled: Why the ps2 will wipe the floor with x-box!, I love my ps2!

I was speaking of technical differences, AND as a user of BOTH systems; not some dweeb who read the current issue of some rag-mag and made up my mind based on anothers' thoughts.
  • Just a little addendum to Gideon's rant:

• Well its been awhile since I've seen myself ticked off at something but here goes... Nervous winter drivers and over-confident winter drivers. OK I live in Canada eh, so you think that people would be used to winter driving. Well some bone-heads need to get there sh!t together and learn how to drive in slippery conditions. If your so damn nervous about driving when its a little slippery out then...

1. Stay home.

2. Get someone to drive you where you want to go. (maybe they can give you winter driving tips along the way)

3. Go to an empty parking lot and learn how to regain control of your car or learn how to control a slide in the first place.

Those drivers who think that they are invincible simply because they bought that shiny new SUV or 4X4 pick-up... well guess what? You don't brake any better with four wheel drive!!! ABS does not mean that you won't slide at all on a slippery road!!! ABS and four wheel drive does not mean you don't have to change your driving habit in the winter time!!! I always let out a chuckle when I see these people when they are frantically jerking the steering wheel back and forth when they start to slide a little, looking like complete idiots. "Look at me I got a SUV I'm invincible, I can do anything I want on this ice rink, watch this..." CRASH Well I guess it serves you right, loser.
  • Well I have a fairly "interesting" rant today. I played the local golf course and was really ####ed off by one of the damn rangers patrolling the course. Now I am on the 6th hole which is 400 yards . I am not a great golfer(I just started this fall and picked the game up again while I was here on vacation) and I can hit the ball quite badly from time to time. But I can also drill a shot too occasionally, but I really haven't on a professional course like this one. Most of my "good" shots all game on the putting green, at miniature golf, or the driving range. Well anyways here's what ticked me off...

I was setting up to drive, my parents were there but they had let me take one of the golf carts ahead to hit since I was playing faster than they were seeing as they had brought along some friends. Technically I am underage to drive the cart but how hard is it to drive a cart going 15mph or less with minimal turns. But that has nothing to do with the game. As I was teeing up, I noticed a few elderly people playing up behind me and riding over in the carts. I swung the club and plastered one. It was my best shot so far. So I drove my cart to the ball as the old people drove to the tee. Now I saw that the ranger was coming and I hoped he didn't catch me for having a cart, but what kind of federal law did I break by driving one?Well anyways I swung the club back and then followed through and hit a beauty of a shot, my best of the day, and it landed straight on the fairway and in easy distance for an easy pitch to the green. Now I am a baseball fanatic as well as many other sports and as I smashed this shot, I followed through with the club and let it drop out of my hand as I watched it go a la Ken Griffey Jr or Barry Bonds when they crush one out of the park. Well the ranger then drove up to me in his cart after talking to the elderly people and he says "Son, you cannot throw your club on the course and you are going to receive an infraction with the golf house and the club. Furthermore, you aren't mature enough to drive a cart and you cannot handle its responsibilities as I see you cannot handle the rules of the course. I was talking to the gentlemen playing behind you and he says you are deliberately playing slowly and taking extra shots as well as being reckless with the golf cart which you shouldn't be driving in the first place." (I wasn't being reckless, I was just trying to AVOID the pricks behind me because they kept telling me to just move on instead of playing out the hole and I tried to hurry off the course when I was done and I created a loud screeching noise with the brakes because I had to stop to pick up a club and I left my foot on the accelerator while doing so accidentally because I was trying to hop out of the cart)So I received 3 club infractions, my parents got in big trouble and I am not allowed to play the course for a month which at least works out well for me since we won't be coming back until memorial day weekend but still, we are members of the club.

Although some of you may think I did violate the rules and was justifiably punished but the pricks behind me accused me of sh!t I didn't do. The only reason I was "slow" was because they advanced the ball to wherever the farthest one of them had been hit out of their group. Also, the ranger is one tight ass punk because the elderly's groupmember who was visibly less than 16 was driving a cart too. And all I did was hit a great shot and celebrate. Damn...
  • LOL, that's so stupid that it's funny. If anyone ever did such a thing as that to me, I'd just have to ignore them, or tell me where it said that in the rules.
  • dgooden, you mean to tell us that that other group was playing 'Best Ball' and THAT was considered ok!?!?
  • All taken care of........ :thumbsup:
  • (under breath) teeheehee.
  • Gideon whistles and looks around the room innocently!!!!!!!

That a shame Luc, that's such a darn shame

:2devilish:
  • [b][i] :2devilish: Conspiracy!!!
  • As with all conspiracy nuts you have no proof whatsoever mwwwwwwaaaaaaahhhh.

My previous post was merely voicing my sympathy and condolences for my honorable av management opponent!!

Besides, you ain
  • :2devilish: Oh the truth will come out,.... out to be seen by the light of day, oh yes...........it will.

;) Thank you, Vote Devilchild
  • Ok, we have had a competition at work (Mcdonalds) and its between all the stores in the country. We have come top for our region and won a trip to london for a night. Why is this a rant i hear you ask, well.......

In the middle of this competition our store manager left, and the asst. manager took over, and now, coz she was in charge for 2 weeks, she has won a trip to JAPAN!!!!!! for 9 days to watch some of the world cup!!!!!!! ANd this promotes teamwork!!!!!!!!
  • What is the problem with those freaks who walk around with giant hats yelling "I feel happy" I just dont get it by the way MONTY PYTHON RULES
  • What is the problem with those freaks who walk around with giant hats yelling "I feel happy"[/b]

Not so much a rant but.......I HATE not knowing what someone is referring to (as shown above)......I mean, how do I know if I should agree or not??
  • [b]Giant hats ? WTH ? Lethal_Injection, you been watching to much Monty Python I think.
  • Why do I have to deal with these IDIOTS ? Don't they know that being paid to do a job means you should at least know a little about what you are doing, especially when you clame yourself to be an "expert". Grrrrrrrrrrr.[/b]

Yeah....isn't THAT the truth Shagger! From my own personal experiences, the biggest bunch of "Idiot-professionals" (as I like to refer to them) are usually in company IT departments. It really makes you wonder HOW in blue-blazes these computer "professionals" were even considered for the position that they have.

In MY [primary] profession, I have worked with sooooo.......many idiots who claim to be graphics professionals/web masters......

Got news for ya': A brand new CD-Rom full of clipart and Microsoft Publisher/Frontpage, or any other "template/cut-n-paste" application does not come close to qualifying one as a professional in this field!

I can't tell you how many of these so called "professional graphic designers/artists" have no idea what the most basic of color modes/models are for, let alone how to correctly color correct images when changing modes from RGB to CMYK, and then preparing files for pre-press, understanding ink saturation on paper, screening, trapping & choking, and the various other nuances one MUST learn when a file is sent to print.

Kinko's does NOT qualify as a professional printer.....most of the printing they do is on either a color-laser, color plotter (ink-jet), thermal wax, or in rare instances a Dye-sublimation printer that print directly from a computer file.

Try sending the same junk most people take to Kinko's to a professional print shop using 4, 6, or 8 color Heidleburgs, Lino-type Hells, Flexo or Lithographs and you get a very expensive looking peice of crap!

It would be akin to my purchasing "Better Homes & Gardens' 3-D Landscape" and calling myself a professional landscape designer or CAD professional.

The PLUS to this (in my case), is that I make a LOT of money cleaning up the results of these so-called "professionals".

So yeah Shagger.....I do know where you are coming from regarding this Rant!
  • I really hate when people beg for some thing!!!!!!!!!!!! " please let me have it i'll pay you back later" that just gets on nerves!!!!!!!!!
  • Got news for ya': A brand new CD-Rom full of clipart and Microsoft Publisher/Frontpage, or any other "template/cut-n-paste" application does not come close to qualifying one as a professional in this field![/b]

Lucifer, you mean I should remove this from my resume?
  • [quote]Lucifer, you mean I should remove this from my resume?
  • at 70 MPH, when
  • Pieces of Sh!t...!

Uh oh, here he goes again........d@mn striaght!

Let me explain: I am getting SO tired of the inflated prices we as consumers pay for products that turn out to be
    pieces of sh!t!

In my example, I
  • Speaking of drivers, the following is a funny e-mail from my "rellies" in the UK.
    > WOMEN DRIVERS
    > > Driving to go fishing this morning I was travelling on the M3 - I looked
    > > over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new BMW doing 85 MPH
    > with
    > >
    > > her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner!
    > > I looked away for a couple seconds and when I looked back she was
    > halfway
    > > over in my lane, still working on that makeup!!!
    > > It scared me so bad, I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the
    > bacon
    > >
    > > sandwich out of my other hand. In all the confusion of trying to
    > > straighten
    > > out the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my
    > cell
    > > phone away from my ear which fell into the coffee between my legs,
    > > splashed
    > > and burned Big Jim and the Twins, ruined the damn phone and!
    > DISCONNECTED
    > > AN IMPORTANT CALL!!!!!!!
    > > F**ING WOMEN DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :2devilish:
  • Rant on, sister speedie, you're singin' my song.
  • Gee dude, dont' hold back, tell us how you really feel!!
  • Yeah, that would be one good thing about ahving a law enforcement job, you could actually enforce laws, such as the fact that going UNDER the speed limit is just the same as going over it: I L L E G A L. :mad:
  • [quote]Why is it that any time I drive anywhere, I always get stuck behind people who are afraid to go at least the speed limit!?!?
  • Yeah, SHAGGER, sometimes I have the luck to get past and then up next to them at the light, and when the light turns green, they gun it like a bat outta hell, get up to fifty in under a second, then don't exceed it..... just enough time to reach the next light, but not enough space or time to get past their dumb @ss!!!
  • [b]Man speedie that one eats at me too. There was a HUGE hurry to pull out in front of me just to crawl like they got a fright they pulled away to fast or something. Then when you try to overtake they speed up like they suddenly remembered where the accelerator is.

Now you see these are all the reasons I prefer to ride a bike........traffic lights with plenty cars, buh, I go down the middle (it's legal where I stay), overtaking, buh, anytime any place, any speed. Parking, buh, I park at the entrance.
  • Speedie, Shagger:
    Here in NY it is now illegal to speak on a cell phone while driving unless using an ear piece.
  • [b]gr8whiteshark, I once answered my phone while on my bike but I couldn't hear jack, so hung up. Ha ha only kidding, I could hear a little (j/k)
  • [quote]Now you see these are all the reasons I prefer to ride a bike........traffic lights with plenty cars, buh, I go down the middle (it's legal where I stay), overtaking, buh, anytime any place, any speed. Parking, buh, I park at the entrance.
  • Here is something that ALWAYS annoys the living-hell out of me:

Uncontrolled children in stores!

I absolutely HATE going to a store, and seeing a bunch of kids running around like a bunch of banshees, pulling things off the shelves, and just being a genral nusiance!

What in the hell is wrong with a lot of parents now days? Do you really think others enjoy being around your uncontrollable, hyperactive brats? Or do you think that it is everyone elses responsibility to babysit your kids?

If you can't act like a responsible parent and at least control your kids....
    STAY HOME! :mad:
  • I agree with you there Lu, but only to a certain extent. I think this only applies to certain cultures and different countries. Where I am at the moment the kids "run a mock", they rule absolute and really are allowed to do pretty much as they please. Having said that, you won't see them "running around like a bunch of banshees, pulling things off the shelves, and just being a genral nusiance!" which is pretty wierd. What is cool tho' is the kids seem to learn some kind of independence and you will often see young kids walking around in mall's on there own, doing there own thing. There have been times tho' when I have thought, HEY, is no one going to tell this kid to back off ?

Very strange scenario which you could only understand once having seen it.
  • A former associate of mine, my one-time "road dog", if you will, had a surprisingly successful way of dealing with screaming kids.
  • I don't like when you buy a ps2 and there's 3 cords in the back and my tv has only 2 spots. Luckily I had a backup, but darn they could label it on the box some where.
  • You wanna know what has really cheesed me off this week (and if u dont tough coz im telling ya anyways!)

The british media, the other day there were 2 stories in the news, the near collapse of the isreal (sp?) peace thingy and all the suicide bombers, or david beckham breaking his foot, and which story was the lead in all the papers and on all the news shows

DAVID BECKHAMS BL**DY FOOT!!!!

GMTV even had uri geller helping to send "good vibes" to this foot to help the healing!!!!!

I was really not happy GRRRRRRRRRR
  • I hear ya Odd, but dont you think people need to escape it for awhile and enjoy their lives without it hanging over them like a dank cloud?
  • Oddish, we've got the same crap here.
  • I really feel sorry for the rest of the english team, they keep making it out that we dont have a chance without beckham, how must that make the rest of the team feel!
  • Yeah Odd, the media hasn't exactly concentrated on the other strengths of the England squad this week, but Owen has just provided a bit of tonic - after being given the honour of being captain and leading out the squad against Paraguay - he bangs one in after 4 minutes from a Gerrard free kick.

Woo hoo
  • What I am really peeved about is that everyone out there thinks Townsville
  • [quote]What I am really peeved about is that everyone out there thinks Townsville
  • I know people that think Townsville is made up.
  • If it wasn't for the Power Puff Girls (that my daughter loves with a passion) I would not have got to know there IS a town called Townsville, so Lethal_Injection you should just think of it as free advertising. This sounds like a Simpsons scenario.............no one is going to sue the Power Puff Girls I hope. My daughter would be devistated.
  • This might sound silly , but who cares!! I hate it when i'm eating something then some body come along and has nothing I feel like I'm doing some thing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hey the only point I am trying to make here is that Towsville exists and I dont really have any problem with it being on a cartoon,
  • Lethal,
    "sunny one day, perfect the next". :holidays:
  • This is something that
  • Yeah i see your point, I can't stand most adverts! The main idea to be summed up by bit from fightclub,

"We were raised on television to believe that we'd all be millionares, movie gods, rock stars, but we won't. And we're starting to figure that out."

and

"All a gun does is focus an explosion in one direction.
  • I dunno Gid.....what is worse?

The idiotic commercials that prevail on the airwaves nowadays or the audience that believes them?

As the adage goes: "Give them what they want."

I guess this means (at least in advertising): "We need ridiculously stupid commercials for equally stupid people."

Here is a fact, and one I deal with quite often as part of my profession. Except for certain "high-end" items/products, MOST advertisements are geared towards those with a sixth-grade education level.

WHY?

Because that is the average intelligence level of those in the Western world.

Sad.... isn
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion