• It is our wedding anniversary tomorrow (a year my gosh!) SO we went to Alton Towers which is a huge theme park. Went on some of the big coasters. Tiff did more than me because i was feeling really sick but did do nemesis, Air and he did Oblivion too as well as some smaller ones

Love them or hate them?
  • I went Alton Towers on Thursday Jane...:D I did Rita, Air, Corkscrew and Nemesis. Didn't have time for Oblivion....*coughs...Thank God*..;)

It was great fun, as for Love them or Hate them....?When i'm queing for them and scared to death i hate them, but after i've done them i Love them! I suppose that's all part of the experience i guess.

Which did you like the best? My favourite was Air, thought it topped everything that i went on,(that enterprise ride did look good though).?
  • I absolutely love them. I was scarred to death to ride them until I was 16, but then I fell in love.

I don't mean to thread jack, but what is your preffered seating? Front or back??
  • Firstly: Congratulations on your anniversary Jane! I thought you guys got married on 06/06/06...but apparently I thought wrong.:)

Secondly: Since I have a bad case of acrophobia I absolutely HATE most rollercoasters. I will usually make excuses for not riding them like "there's not enough safety restraints"...or "if they added/removed X I would ride it."

But truth be told, I will not (willingly) ride most rollercoasters due to my unbelieveable fear of heights.

Now, does that mean I avoid all of them? No. I have been known to enjoy Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain at Disneyland..both of which are "roller coasters".:)

But put in a really high ascent in which I can see just how high I am, and there is no way in the world you could get me to willingly comply.

Scott forced me on Tower of Terror at California Adventure as part of a deal I made with him...and I hated every second of it. Being up high scares the living daylights out of me.

Thirdly: Mike, it really depends on the ride as to where I want to sit. When I ride Thunder Mountain I always request the back. In Space Mountain, I usually request the front.
  • I enjoyed ripsaw - Hate Air bcause you end up going backwatds which always freaked me out!!! The others loved that though because they went on again!!!

Nemisis is ace - that was newly opened the last time i went!!! Remember queing for 2 hours to get on it!

I dont mind where i sit although Tiff and my sister always want to be on the outside as apparently its better!!

I cacnt wait til we have kids so its an excuse to not have to go on the big scary ones lol!!

Even tiff was freaked with oblivion - We have a DVD of the day - WIll have to try and upload it to Youtube to show u guys!!
  • Yes, Happy Anniversary!

Here in the states, right down the road from where i work actually is El Toro. Here is what wiki says about it...

El Toro (Spanish for "The Bull") is a wooden roller coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure. It opened to the public June 11, 2006. It was designed by Intamin AG of Switzerland. It has the steepest drop of any wooden roller coaster in the world, at 76 degrees. It is the third tallest (188 ft) and third fastest (70 mph) wooden roller coaster in the world. It is also the first wooden roller coaster to use a cable lift hill instead of the traditional chain lift. Because of the extreme negative g-forces (airtime) on the ride, the lap-bar restraints are very tight, causing some problems for older and larger riders.

We also have one called Nitro, the second favorite of mine at this park.

Nitro is a steel roller coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey. It was opened in the spring 2001 and was the tallest, fastest roller coaster in New Jersey at the time (this title now belongs to Kingda Ka, which can also be found in Six Flags Great Adventure), as well as the tallest on the East Coast of the United States.

• Wow, so that means it's been about a year since I posted here... Time flies when you have no time to pay attention to the time being used.

In any case, happy anniversary.

P.S. I hate coasters, mainly because I have no time to ride them.
  • they make me very ill and i get scared but not in a good way.
  • Yes you are a naughty billy for not posting more often!