Guitar Hero III Insanity!!
  • [CENTER]image
    image[/CENTER]

OK, I have become a big fan of Guitar Hero, after playing GH II for a couple of months now. I do not claim to be good at the game, in fact I am stuck on Wolfmother's "Woman" on Hard Mode. I should probably go read a strategy guide or somethin'. Anyway, GH III will be out soon, and in case you did not know, Dragonforce's "Through The Fire and Flames" will be in this game.

If you have not heard the song before, then by all means, you must watch this entire video to see and hear it in all its glory: WATCH ME.

Now, here is actual gameplay footage from Guitar Hero 3 featuring this song. It is insanity poured on top of a bowl of insanity. I love the band, but I doubt I will ever be able to pull this off: WATCH THIS NOW.

My life will not be complete until I see this band live. I "discovered" them less than 2 weeks after they came to my town for a live show. :( Hopefully they return someday.
  • Guitar Hero Rocks!!!, i lopve the selection of music on rock of the 80's
  • You are never gonna believe me if I told you this MCW, but that is in fact my cousin.;) My cousin has been working for testing videogames (Guitar Hero III in particular) for a few months now and that is him playing Through Fire and Flame. This was confirmed by all of his siblings as well as himself.

You think it's crazy watching him play just on the screen...you should see him in person.
  • sombulus said:
    Guitar Hero Rocks!!!, i lopve the selection of music on rock of the 80's

I love GT too, I just wish I was better at it, so that I could progress further. Anyone have any tips on how to do better/faster at GTII?

Melinda S STAFF said:
    You are never gonna believe me if I told you this MCW, but that is in fact my cousin.;) My cousin has been working for testing videogames (Guitar Hero III in particular) for a few months now and that is him playing Through Fire and Flame. This was confirmed by all of his siblings as well as himself.

You think it's crazy watching him play just on the screen...you should see him in person.

I believe ya, why would you lie about something like that? :p

That is awesome... better yet, does your cousin have any tips for me on how to do better/faster @ this game? ;) I am amazed that anyone could play through that song at that speed. I did hear a few missed notes, but in the big scheme of things, he is insane for doing as well as he did.

Who's buying GHIII? I will... I'll hold off on Rock Band if it comes out at the same time I think. We'll see.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    That is awesome... better yet, does your cousin have any tips for me on how to do better/faster @ this game? ;) I am amazed that anyone could play through that song at that speed. I did hear a few missed notes, but in the big scheme of things, he is insane for doing as well as he did.

I dunno. He didn't really give me any tips as far as Guitar Hero is concerned. He taught me how to dance at DDR though. He is equally as crazy on DDR as he is on Guitar Hero. I think he just got lucky with his coordination...cuz he's done crazy stuff like that all his life.:)

Not to mention, I hardly ever talk to him apart from holidays so I could get some tips from him for ya...but by then it mite be months before I get it.;)
  • All I care is that Metallica & Slayer are in there. No Doubt that Angel of Death from Slayer will be brutal on Expert (as it is in real life to play it)

Metallica's One is not yet 100% confirmed as it could be in PS3's Rock Band game & we'll get Master of Puppets (HELL YEAH!!)

Song listing so far is better than expected. Hopefully it makes up for the crap release '80's game, only 3 good songs on it that are playable.

BTW anyone miss me? been busy & internet connection come next week so more of me & my missus ;)
  • Chris N STAFF said:
    Song listing so far is better than expected. Hopefully it makes up for the crap release '80's game, only 3 good songs on it that are playable.

BTW anyone miss me? been busy & internet connection come next week so more of me & my missus ;)

I have to agree with you partially Chris. I bought the 80s game and played through it to only find really two or three songs that I enjoyed playing.

Is it just me or is the song list considerably longer than the first two games? I can't wait to have more game time honestly. It certainly is irritating to just get into the groove of playing Guitar Hero and then suddenly you're at the end.

Oh and of course I missed ya Chris. I more missed Jane though.;)
  • guitar hero ROCKS i beet one 2 rock the 80's and soon to be 3 on hard
  • I've played Guitar Hero and man do I suck..:bash: That game makes me feel like an idiot.:angry:Whats bad I play the real thing, and I've been doing so since the age of 13..I don't play it that much and i believe that is my major problem with it.. But its a cool game..I just suck at it...
  • Keep working at it shootemhigh. I've only just gotten to the point where I can play some hard songs.:)
  • Chris N STAFF said:
    All I care is that Metallica & Slayer are in there. No Doubt that Angel of Death from Slayer will be brutal on Expert (as it is in real life to play it)

Metallica's One is not yet 100% confirmed as it could be in PS3's Rock Band game & we'll get Master of Puppets (HELL YEAH!!)

I've been playing the Guitar Hero 3, and can nail all the songs to five stars or perfect on Easy but the Slayer song is killing me. It's almost unfair, all those notes and they aren't hammer downs or pull offs at all. I can get it to 4 stars thats it so far. I heard if you get all the songs to 5 stars you unlock more songs in medium. Most of my medium songs are 3 or 4 stars, so I'm not that great, but would love to unlock something new to play.
  • shootemhigh said:
    I've played Guitar Hero and man do I suck..:bash: That game makes me feel like an idiot.:angry:Whats bad I play the real thing, and I've been doing so since the age of 13..I don't play it that much and i believe that is my major problem with it.. But its a cool game..I just suck at it...

Hey shootemhigh. It looks like, from the videos I've seen of Guitar Hero Four that those who play the real thing have a better chance at it because it appears there's frets for you to slide up and down on on the next guitar. Pretty cool huh?:)