• I know this is a bit of a longshot, but I remember playing one of the original Monster Rancher games a long time ago. I'm pretty sure it was this one:

Since then, I think it has been on the Playstation 2 and Nintendo Handhelds exclusively.

I was wondering if anyone had heard news of future iterations of the game (Perhaps on PSP or PS3?). The Tecmo website looks fine from the front page, but when you click on games, it turns into a total mess. Why do companies let their websites go down the drain like that? The games "Coming Soon" section lists games that are coming in 2006. That is pathetic.

Well, I guess I am kind of answering my own question here, but I was wondering that, and if the series is even worth paying attention to at this point. I have no idea what it was really about, but remember that you could unlock monsters with different cds and games, things like that.
  • Hey Matt, I finally found some info. for you.

Apparently there have been some games from that franchise released after the game you mentioned.

PS2
    Monster Rancher 3 was released in the US on 24/09/01, sorry, because you lot do the month first, then 09/24/01.
    Monster Rancher 4 was released in the US on 11/13/03.
    Monster Rancher EVO was released in the US on 13/04/06.PSP
    No games released or in production.There is also a game currently in production for the Nintendo DS called Monster Rancher DS, but that's a working title so it may change.

Hope that helps man :)

Let it not be said that I don't help out fellow gamers on this forum.
    The lengths I go to sometimes to help people... :cool:

Jay
  • That is great information Jason. I really appreciate all that. I am going to look deeper into it, and see what's worth checking out. I guess the image doesn't really matter anymore, they figured out that I was illegally showin' it to ya.

While we're on the subject of obscure PS2 games, did you ever play, or know someone who played "Mister Mosquito"? That game intrigued me when it came out, but I didn't have the money at the time to buy it. It seemed like a hilarious idea though. I kind of want to pick it up.
  • Mister Mosquito? I remember that game. I didn't play it, but I remember seeing commercials and the like. It is out for PS2 right now I think.:)

Another obscure game you should at least read the summary of is Chulip MCW, it's a strange idea.;)
  • Right, first of all, this game came out on 03/12/02 on the PS2.
    The follow up (Mister Mosquito 2) actually only came out in Japan on the PS2.

From that alone, I'm guessing it didn't go too well in either Europe OR the US.
    If it had been a good enough game, even half-decent, then they would have released the sequel outside Japan wouldn't they?

If you want some more info. then someone will be able to find it for you Matt, but chances are that game isn't worth picking up.

That's just my opinion of course though. I, personally, have never even heard of the game until you mentioned it, let alone even played it. Maybe someone on here has actually played it and can tell you what it's like?

Hope that helps man :)

Jay

Edit: An answer had already been given

I got beat by Mel, darn you Mel, daaaaaarn you
    *hmph* :frown:

On a plus note, however, it's nice to see other people responding to obscure gaming posts, other than me, myself, and I :eek:
  • anyone know if they r making a monster rancher for the ps3 that would be sick i would definetely buy it