They Said It Couldn't Happen
  • A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=347]They Said It Couldn't Happen[/drupal]

In the midst of an awful...awful...AWFUL recession here in Amercia I have found I've come about on hard times. Since I have been unemployed for almost a year I have found that the bills are getting harder and harder to keep up with. This being my last year at Mt. SAC I have found that I am going to have to figure out a way to transfer to UCR. But one thing has kept that desire at bay....money.
  • So those this mean your not gonna be on?:(
  • No Red, I'll be on. I'm only going to be working weekends so I'll still be here.:)
  • Oh ok still that sucks
  • Hmm, techincally we are not in a reccession. Not even close really, but after this years stock market crash we could be a lot closer. Also, i hope you dont live alone, cause paying rent and other costs at only 9$ an hour and olny on weekends does not seem possible. However if your living with someone else its alright and congratulations. Perosnally though if i couldnt get more hours id probably be looking for another job.
  • -=Gladius=- said:
    Hmm, techincally we are not in a reccession. Not even close really, but after this years stock market crash we could be a lot closer. Also, i hope you dont live alone, cause paying rent and other costs at only 9$ an hour and olny on weekends does not seem possible. However if your living with someone else its alright and congratulations. Perosnally though if i couldnt get more hours id probably be looking for another job.

I'm not living on my own Gladius. I intend to eventually move out because I'm getting to the point where living with my parents is not a good idea to continue. As of right now though, ANY source on income is better than nothing.:)
  • I still live with my parents as well (20 years old). You going to college that you have bills pilling up.
  • -=Gladius=- said:
    I still live with my parents as well (20 years old). You going to college that you have bills pilling up.

Actually I already have about 10,000 in a loan I have to pay off. But my schooling right now is affordable (20 dollars/unit). Of course within a year that will change because I'm going to be heading to a four year school again. I'm gonna be in debt up to my eyeballs by the time I'm done...but it'll be worth it for sure.:)
  • well as long as you try hard youll get a job that will pay it all back with ease and if all else fails theres always the army.
  • sfjp said:
    well as long as you try hard youll get a job that will pay it all back with ease and if all else fails theres always the army.

The army is not really an option for my family sfjp. I come from a line of conscientious objecters.;)
  • fair play well your writing skills have always been top notch im sure youll get sorted no problem.
    Good Luck Lass.
  • Ya, im in the same boat, going to college and payign for it myself. Fortunately ive been able to stay moderatly out of debt since i started working and never stoped since i graduated from highschool.
  • Same here Gladius. The only thing is that I spent two years at a private university so as far as debts go, I'm already at about 10,000 in student loans I have to pay off.

But I'm going to be moving to a University of California soon...come this spring I'm moving on.:)
  • What kind of work do you do?
  • I work in the Disneyland attractions:D