New release date for inFamous?
  • inFamous Not Releasing This June, After All - PlayStation.Blog

Looks like inFamous just got moved up a couple of weeks for the U.S., from June 9th to May 26th. Not sure what this means for Europe, though...
  • Should make for (hopefully) a similar jump in the time frame.

I'm almost considering doing a pre-order on this one but holding off for the moment- there are several other games loking for my attention during the May/ June months (Batman: Arkham Asylum, Bionic Commando, Ghostbusters, Prototype, X-Men Origins: Wolverine). Only so much cash to go around, not to mention time to play them.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Should make for (hopefully) a similar jump in the time frame.

I'm almost considering doing a pre-order on this one but holding off for the moment- there are several other games loking for my attention during the May/ June months (Batman: Arkham Asylum, Bionic Commando, Ghostbusters, Prototype, X-Men Origins: Wolverine). Only so much cash to go around, not to mention time to play them.

I'm definitely doing a pre-order for it; to me, it beats out just about every game on your list, except maybe Ghostbusters... but that's just for nostalgia's sake. Well, I'm also a bit hyped on Batman - but after seeing the trailers and glowing reviews over at IGN, I really think inFamous might be the big "it" game of the summer; it's like GTA with superpowers. :p Plus, in the States at least, they're doing some nice pre-order goodies - exclusive weapon through GameStop, special HOME costume through Amazon, and my personal pick, early access to the demo if you pre-order through Best Buy! Can't beat early access...
  • Well.... Batman was delayed until late Summer now.... so :/
  • Yep, which is rather disappointing. Still, good to see they wanted to get rid of some remaining bugs instead of putting it out as-is.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Yep, which is rather disappointing. Still, good to see they wanted to get rid of some remaining bugs instead of putting it out as-is.

Yeah, hopefully the finished project will be worth the money.
  • Yeah, that kind of sucks, as Batman (along with Ghostbusters) was one of my two main "maybe-buy-but-must-rent" games for June... ah well, I guess I can wait a little longer.

By the way - I just saw the first complete review for inFamous, and it's looking pretty good. Granted, it's from the PlayStation UK mag, but still - they gave it a 9/10, and revealed plenty of pics and info I hadn't seen before:
  • I won't post a link this time (sorry about that!), but the big review I've been waiting to see finally came out yesterday - IGN gave inFamous a 9.2 and a very long review with a lot of new footage.

I've also been finally able to download the demo, and I must say it is very, VERY addictive - I've already beaten it 3 times, which is saying something, since the full demo is over an hour long. It's also a lot harder than I thought it would be - I died 4 times just on the first mission, and the demo is supposed to be on the Easy setting!
  • By the way, in case you missed it - last night's store update included the inFamous demo! No more early demo code needed; it's available for everyone now. Just be warned - it's a pretty large file, as the demo is quite long; it takes about an hour to beat. Quite addictive though!
  • So I've finally gotten my hands on a copy of the game (thanks to living in the States - it came out yesterday here), and so far, I'm very impressed - it reminds me a lot of when I first started playing GTA in how addictive it is. The control scheme works well, and the story is actually engaging - the opening level serves very little purpose really, other than instructing you in how to move and jump... yet, from a cinematic standpoint, it was absolutely an AWESOME way to introduce you to the story.

Plus my copy came with the code for the Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta that starts next week, and that's just a GREAT bonus. :p Highly recommended!
  • The MP Beta for Uncharted 2 starts next week :O !!

Lucky you :laugh: ! I didn't know it was that early. I think i can still get the code over here in the UK if i order the game now, only problem is no cash :(. May have to trade in some old games or something :(.
  • Rob -

Yes, it starts TODAY!!! You MIGHT still be able to get a copy of the game with the Uncharted 2 MP beta code inside, but you'll really have to do some searching; they're sold out in a lot of places. You just need to make sure you find a copy with the Uncharted 2 sticker on the front - if it doesn't have that sticker, there's no code inside.

Good luck!