PS3 Dual Shock 3 controller damaged rubber sleave on thumb stick
  • Gday all,

anyone ever suffered this problem? Basically it is when the rubber sleave on the thumb stick gets a tear on the edge and starts to separate itself away from the stick itself.

I used to repair PS2 controllers that had the same problem by opening them up and using spare sticks from other controllers to repair it so i had at least 1 controller that was fully working.

Hope i explained that well enough?

appreciate anyones advice! cheers
  • You must be getting a heck of a lot of use on the sticks for them to be doing that. :huh:

There are some sites that have replacement sticks available as well as covers that can go on top of the current sticks. The second solution may be the less expensive (and easier) solution.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    You must be getting a heck of a lot of use on the sticks for them to be doing that. :huh:

There are some sites that have replacement sticks available as well as covers that can go on top of the current sticks. The second solution may be the less expensive (and easier) solution.

sweet, what are these alleged sites please? preferably in Australia. thanx.
  • evo007 said:
    sweet, what are these alleged sites please? preferably in Australia. thanx.

gday again staff,

any follow up for me please on this?

thanx:D
  • Sorry, evo, but our rules don't allow linking to commercial sites. A quick Google search should find them easily enough for you though.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Sorry, evo, but our rules don't allow linking to commercial sites. A quick Google search should find them easily enough for you though.

any suggestions on the search words, ive tried it, but not much success. as mentioned it needs to be in Australia, not overseas.

Are you or any of the other members versed in whether you can use PS2 controller spare sticks/parts to replace broken ones in the PS3 controllers?
    thanx