Need help getting full hd to work on my PS3
  • hi
    i have just bought a new tv. it has 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p & 480p. But when i go on the playstation to change the hd settings it asks me to tick the required hd resoloutions that my tv has. then i tick the boxes 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p. it does something then it tells me that it wont work. so i did it with out 1080p and it worked. so why cant i get 1080p to work on my ps3????
  • 1080p may not be a native resolution on your tv. There are some sets that take an inbound signal and upscale the resolution, which is not the same thing as actually having 1080p.

Anyhoo, not many games support 1080p as of yet anyway- most games run at 720p.
  • :mad: it says that it is 1080p on the box of my tv and my main game says 1080p is available.
  • How do you have the PS3 connected to the tv?
  • HDMI cable and scart.
  • You may want to have a closer look at your tv's manual- I'm still thinking you have a tv that possibly upscales to 1080p but doesn't actually take that resolution natively. If your tv does take it you should see "full HD" mentioned.

At any rate, the majority of the games run at 720p- as of yet there still are not that many that run at 1080p and depending on screen size you may not see that big of a difference.