Casper PS1 Game Help
  • Hello all,

I am really stuck with this one. I have had this game for over 10 years and have completed it numerous times. However I am not able to open the northern gate in the garden maze. I had read in an online walkthrough, I think the only casper walkthrough in existence, that to open it I must go through the furnace in the basement area and open/collect everything down there. I was a bit sceptical about this at first as it mentioned nothing about any switches but I tried it anyway. This unfortunately did not work. So I was hoping that somebody on this website has been able to open this gate and is willing to share their experience.

BTW I have tried other threads on this forum with mention of the same problem, but the solutions were rather vague and unhelpful.

Thank You in advanced
    Lifehacker
    :confused:
  • To open the north gates in the garden maze go to where the little house is, go behind the tree and press x.... you might have to move about a bit but there is a hidden branch which when pressed will release the gates. Good luck.

I have played this game numerous times and each time I get stuck with keys and no doors to open !! I have a black key and a purple key at the moment but i'm looking for 2 gold keys and 1 white key - any ideas? Run out of areas to re-try !! i'm going round in circles.
  • I used to have the same problem, but recently i discovered that there was a hidden pipe in the upper left corner on the basement maze. This was very helpful as inside is a Gold key. Also there is another hidden pipe in the basement near the final stretch puzzle. I think there is a black key in there.

As for doors to try, have you tried opening all of the doors in the northern gate in the garden maze? Also have you tried opening all of the doors when you go through the giant furnace in the basement? If i can think of any more doors you could use the keys on i'll keep you posted!

Thank you for the help!

LifeHacker
  • I've been in both pipes in the basement but I still need 2 gold keys !! 1 for in the basement and one for in the garden maze north gate. I have completed before, circa 2004 (how sad am I?) but if I remember correctly I had to use the cheat then to float over the rooms.... basically gave up still holding more keys than available doors, ie. the black, purple and red one ! You can only visit the same areas so many times before you start getting really fed up.

All that aside - great game as no brain power required and quite relaxing, that is until your left drifting around in the wildnerness without the coloured key that you want......

Thanks for help thus far, if you can tell me where the gold keys are I will be eternally grateful .... and so will my family !!
  • I am finding it very hard to remember where I found all of the gold keys. It is quite frustrating as I have managed to get them all and now managed to completed the entire game with all of the secrets thanks to your help, but feel really stupid as I have found all of the gold keys but can only remember the one I got from the basement secret pipe.

I'll have to play it from scratch in order to get back to you. LOL

Thanks again!

LifeHacker
  • Where in the world can you find a walkthrough? I've looked everywhere and can't find anything.
  • Here's a walkthrough.

I've just used this my self.

There is one error in this one though, you need to get the black key before you can use it. (it does not say how to get it)

The way to do so is:
    After getting the cyclone murph you hear a sound. Thats a door opening. Go to the vent next to the armor in the very same room. Go through it and you'll be in a bathroom. Go south and get the key.
  • What is the fan morph used for?
  • Hi, I had this game years ago, I got hold of a floor plan of Whipstaff manor showing all the vents and passages and where they come out, does anyone out there still have one? I'm not after using the cheats just gives me an edge on what comes out where...........thanks, Dave.....:confused:
  • Minde281 said:

There is more than one error in that walkthrough, two major ones are that it tells you the Garden maze north gate opens in Act 3 when it doesn't you have to look for the switch mentioned above.

The second involves the Gold Keys. When you first find a Gold Key in the house, you probably used it on the door in the dark room in the attic [the room you need the Light bulb morph to enter] this is what the walkthrough says to do but this is wrong and if you do it like this you will lock off the rest of the gold keys from reach without cheats. You have to avoid opening that door with the gold key instead save the key for the basement when you enter the furnace there's a gold door which you can open with it, and have the key immediately replaced by the chest to the left. The dark room gold door needs to be opened last.

sjc715 said:
    What is the fan morph used for?

When you face Carrigan in the basement and have to get the antique key to the chest, you can use the fan morph to blow her away keeping distance so she doesn't cause damage. The morph isn't really needed you can beat her without it, likewise you can get her trapped in the chest without using it but that is what it was intended to be used for.
  • Amadeus2k8 said:
    The second involves the Gold Keys. When you first find a Gold Key in the house, you probably used it on the door in the dark room in the attic [the room you need the Light bulb morph to enter] this is what the walkthrough says to do but this is wrong and if you do it like this you will lock off the rest of the gold keys from reach without cheats. You have to avoid opening that door with the gold key instead save the key for the basement when you enter the furnace there's a gold door which you can open with it, and have the key immediately replaced by the chest to the left. The dark room gold door needs to be opened last.

Hi there, when you say about the gold keys I am a little bit confused as I have been on many sites that have said about the gold keys and when to use them, they have all said to use it in the attic first otherwise you can't finish the game. Are you saying not to do that first? Thanks :)
  • It has been quite a while since that was posted so I'm doubting he'll be seeing your response. That is exactly what he said, however- he feels the attic door should be left until last and head to the basement instead.Haven't played the game myself so i can't say which is right. I would suggest making a copy of the save to fall back on just in case.