Just seen star wars: atoc
  • Oh my god!!! There was shooting and then Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jango Fett fight and then a huge fight and then some more fighting and then Mace Windu fights Jango Fett and then Kenobi, Anikan and Count Dooku fight and then Yoda and Dooku fight and I forgot they fly around alot and there was alot of fighting *Did I already mention that? Oh well who cares* and then the movie ended.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed my review.

"Hmm... I could do this for a living maybe... I'm pretty good at it." :lol:

This was by far the best Episode to date. My favourite was Empire Strikes Back, but that is now my second favourite.
  • DUDEE!! I saw it today as well and Yoda freakin freeaked me out man!
  • Slow down rex! Or maybe i should just read slower...but i'm seeing it tomorrow and i'm very excited. I've heard great things about this movie, and I don't mean to spoil it for anyone, but I heard that anakin becomes darth vader! :0

Heh heh, anyway, I really can't wait to see Padme...man natalie portman is a babe ;)
  • Oh man, I knew I shouldn't have read this thread!!!
  • I just got back from seeing it, and its one of the best star wars movies ever!!!!!!! Went with my dad tonight, taking the boyfriend on wednesday! :D

The yoda thing was great!!!!! And i luv the stiry behind boba fett as i always luved him in the other films

One to go see!!!!!!
  • grrrrr... :mad:
  • I too just got back from seeing it, and I was anything but disappointed. That tight white number she was wearing towards the middle-end was very nice :inlove: ... Oh yeah and the movie was good too :laugh:

Well speedie, you have my pity. I'm sure spidey will be just as cool...ok I ain't gonna lie to you, almost as cool ;)
  • I just saw'll the movie and it was great!!! I put this at the top of my star wars movie list!! There's love scenes, there's fighting, and there's much much much more. If you haven't seen it you have gt to check this movie out it's pure fun!!!
  • Saw the midnight screening of it this morning and I must say, it
    was worth buying a ticket just to watch Yoda fight.
  • Ooooooh, you guys are killin' me!!!
  • as a kid of the 80s im addicted to starwars but wow what a film a must for all some say it dont live upto the book but the film never does but wow what a film go see it on the big screen its spectacular
  • [b]Caught an afternoon matinee of it today-this was indeed a great movie.Don't let that walking stick fool you-Yoda has moves!
  • When I was a kid Star Wars was the big thing, so I
  • Hey looks like the movie scene is rockin at the moment!!! I hope too check out Star Wars tonight!!! Should be good! (sorry about all the !'s !!!!!)
  • I have only one thing to say about this movie.............It was awesome!!
  • Originally posted by dark_angel_15@Jun 6 2002, 01:55 PM
    I have only one thing to say about this movie.............It was awesome!!

I went and saw Attach of the clones a couple of weeks ago and I really liked it too!!!!!
    Man I didn't think it was going to like that! :angry: I was waiting for more...
    Thats okey... I can wait for the last movie to come out...

Worf
  • Man, i saw that movie on the 26th!! diod it ever kcik @$$!! man, YODA WITH A LIGHTSABER!!!! who would ever think! yeah, it was the greatest and if i do say so myself..............HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN IS SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! except when he goes pysco after his mom dies...scary o, and when he gives amidala those looks.... awwww, i want to see it again!!!!

Edit...quote from Samuel L. Jackson..."Don't make him drop his cain!" hmm, dont think i want to make him do that, hell go pysco again!!!
  • I saw Episode 2 and was slightly disappointed. Kinda knew what was going to happen in advance, ya know?

But that was because I read the book prior to watching the film :)

Episode 3:

Dooku dies
    Amidala has twins Leia and Luke and later dies
    Luke is adopted by OWen Lars and Aunt Beru of Tatooine
    Leia is adopted by Bail Organa of Alderaan
    Annakin SKywalker Joins the Dark side and then becomes Darth Vader
    Chancellor Palpatine AKA Darth Sidious declares himself Emperor
    Vader betrays/kills remaining Jedi except Obi Wan and Yoda
    Vader gets his butt whupped by Obi Wan and needs a respirator to survive
    The Clones are replaced with Stormtroopers
    Hopefully Jar Jar Binks dies

The movie was very entertaining, but not as captivating as the first three...but I was about five years old when the first film(episode 4) made it's way to the big screen. I think watching Yoda fight was worth the price of admission though...always knew the little green dude had a mean streak...
  • [b]Well T-dog you certainly managed to spoil the next one for those folk who don't know the story!! >grin<<br />And what's wrong with Jar Jar???!!

Anyway, I loved the film although I do have some criticisms..but I won't bore you with them!

I kept expecting Christopher Lee to ride off on Binky!(obscure Terry Pratchett reference there!! LOL!) Actually, I thought he was rather good as Dooku but a shame he didn't have a bigger r
  • I can see why some people were not crazy about it but I loved it. Anyone who has been keeping up on the series has to know what is going to happen (I won't say though). It is how it happens that is the mystery. I can't wait until episode 3 comes out. I heard it was only going to be 2 years from now. Is that true?????
  • Just saw it.
    It was bad.
    Predictable plot and medicore acting (especially from the younger ones).
    Just another reason for me to stay away from hollywood movies (unless they include Johnny Depp or Tim Burton).
  • I must say as far as Attack of the Clones went...I was shocked to find out Jar Jar Binks was actually a girl.

For the whole Episode 1 and everything I thought she was a guy and then most of Episode II until Natalie Portman said "Mistress Jar Jar Binks..."

Agh...thought I was gonna die.
  • Originally posted by RedKennypup2004@Feb 5 2003, 12:41 AM
    [b]I must say as far as Attack of the Clones went...I was shocked to find out Jar Jar Binks was actually a girl.

For the whole Episode 1 and everything I thought she was a guy and then most of Episode II until Natalie Portman said "Mistress Jar Jar Binks..."

[/b]

I was totally unaware of that until now! :huh:

Jar Jar a mistress, who'd of thought...(shudder)
    :(
  • Tell me about it I loved sooo much I bought the DVD. Yoda is da man, the big fight in the arena (one word: WOW), the clone war, Obi-wan vs. Jango Fett fight need I say more?

Now true the acting wasn't great for Senator Amidala or Aniken but the fight scense I mean who didn't get a kick out of seeing Yoda (of all creatures) kicking some major booty? B)
  • I saw this movie over Christmas and to tell you the truth (wich I'm the possesor of) I think it pretty much sucked.

Now I'm not a Star Wars fan. I've seen the other 4, but not as part of a religous event. I think some of the movie went right over my head since I didn't know the references to the other movies (what to come and so on) but the biggest crook in the drama was the over use of animated material.
    The thing with computor animated objects are that you have to put one hell of a time down to make them look perfect (wich the animators of AOTC had done). THEN you have to put down the same amount of time to make the objects look NOT so perfect. (wich the animators hadn't done).
    The thing about looking on things is that the brain is involved you see. And the brain has a capability of seeing things that you wouldn't think of.
    As an example, the fact that a table or a chair has got not a single grain of dust or is missing the usual scratches made from usage.
    If the brain don't spot these small things it will not be fooled by the illusion cus it will know that it's just an illusion and that's what happened to me. I wasn't convinced that anything acually was real and you need to feel that the movie is authentic (even if you know "it's just a movie") in order to care about it.
    ;)
  • Originally posted by RedKennypup2004@Feb 5 2003, 10:41 AM
    [b]I must say as far as Attack of the Clones went...I was shocked to find out Jar Jar Binks was actually a girl.

[/b]

I thought she said "Minister Binks". I'll have to check up on that 'though.
  • That's what i always thought too Knowze. It would surprise me greatly if Jar Jar was a female as "it" just doesn't act like one or sound like one. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Well, I am happy to tell you fine folks that Jar Jar is really a guy!! I've read some interviews of the actor Ahmed Best who plays the part and he only refers to Jar Jar as "he" or "him". Mr. Gungk is right, he was referred to as "Minister Binks" not "Mistress Binks".
    Thank Goodness, 'cause I don't think I could adjust my thinking to Jar Jar being a girl!! :blink:
  • Wow...that shows how much I paid attention to that. Thanks to you all who actually took your time to proove my terrible hearing wrong. I think I'm done with being shocked.
  • Even if Jar Jar isn
  • I saw Attack Of The Clones at the cinema, the atmosphere was awesome, and I actually really enjoyed it, got it on DVD too.

But I'm also a sucker for large scale battle sequences too, so that could have influenced my view a wee bit. :)
  • I saw that movie a while ago too, I'm not going to spoil it though, it was real good, but the next one should be the best one since it is the last one. Can't wait to see it!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion